Beyond Text Small Grants and Student-Led Initiatives
5 January 2009
The Small Grants call for Beyond Text is open across the full programme specification but the AHRC and the Programme's Steering Committee are particularly keen to encourage proposals for Small Grants that would help us meet objectives 3, 4 and 10:
3. To create an arena for shared debate both within and beyond the academic community on how to use evidence, approaches and methods to generate new questions and issues for those working with performances, sounds, images and objects.
4. To develop a body of theory, methods, approaches and case studies which allow for a comparative analysis of issues concerning these questions and themes across time and place.
10. To inform and inflect public policy in this field.
To achieve these objectives we especially encourage the following:
- proposals that use practice as the primary method of enquiry and investigation
- proposals that deal with questions and themes of a distinctly historical nature
- proposals that address issues of technological change with a relevance for policy makers